Sunday, April 6, 2008

Slot 2: The Results are in

Having dutifully handed out my survey last week - this week I plan on presenting the results and getting started with a little bit of education on the most favorite topic according the the feedback - inviting visitors. Now - in my humble opinion - inviting visitors is simply a numbers game. I've found it easy to get La visitor along in the past - all I have had to do is ask 5.

I guess that is a truth that everyone in my group already knows on some level. In reality - asking one person to come along (let along five) can be a daunting prospect for some. To ease us on to the topic therefore - I'm going to do a few mock interviews. It will go something like this ...

Last week I handed out a survey and the results are in. At number three spot with 3 votes was 'How to convert a visitor'. Runner up was 4 votes was 'How do I get more referrals?'. The top dog - perhaps unsuprisingly was : 'How to invite a visitor' - with 5 votes. I've taken note of the other topics and we'll roll out some education on them over the coming months. In the mean time - it seems like we would most like to focus on inviting a visitor. With that in mind - let us take stock of how we have been doing so far.

We have a lot of experience here in the room so I thought I would ask what 'strategies' people have been using to find people to ask along.

[at this point - whip out a marker and whiteboard/flip chart and start to write down all the suggestions that people have had. It can help to seed a few. For example - I know someone in our group has been following up on flyers that come through the door. Mark up the strategy and ask for more examples. Someone who has sent out letters or gone through a client list might be good candidates to speak up here. Then - beside each strategy - put the number of times it has been used. Eg: if someone calls one person a week based on a flyer that came through the door - that would translate to 5 a month. Then ask how successful - or what conversion rate that strategy had acheived. Do the same for each of the strategies. It should become clear which strategies are most effective.

So here we have a few stragegies - and their effectivness. It looks like [strategy A] is a great strategy but coming up with leads to employ it is difficult. [Strategy B] is easy to generate leads but the conversion rate is low. I would ask everyone to pick one strategy from the board this week - try it out. Next week I will ask you how it went.


No comments: