Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Slot 11: Strength vs Weakness

In any group of people there is bound to be some friction. This is also true for a BNI group but sometimes it is just down to perception.

Can you give me a couple of the duties and responsibilities. Can you suggest a few of them.

You will get some of the following:

  • Turn up on time
  • Give referrals
  • Bring visitors
  • etc
Who in the room is left handed? [wait]. Now I am right handed and I'd like to challenge you to a right handed arm wrestle. Sound fair?

Of course it is not. I am comparing my strength - (my right hand) with his weakness (his right hand). In a similar way - it is worth remembering that before getting annoyed with other members for not bringing referrals or visitors - to consider what strength they do have. Everyone brings something to the table.

No comments: